How to Become one of our 500+ Members
Benefits of Membership
- Free tours and history walks; two guest passes (Educators, Businesses and Organizations receive additional passes)
- Reduced admission fees for events for which there is a fee; Educators receive 10% off group visits
- Notices of events and programs presented by the Oberlin Heritage Center
- A 10% discount in the Oberlin Heritage Center museum store; Educators receive 15% discount for publications
- A copy of the Oberlin Heritage Center Annual Report
- Receive discounts at more than 300 other historical institutions affiliated with the nationwide Time Travelers program.
- The knowledge that you are one of 700+ members from near and far who support and promote Oberlin history education, historic preservation, and community improvement!
Memberships extend for twelve months from the date of receipt. Contributions above baseline individual membership are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you have questions about membership, please contact us.
Consider Life Membership
Contributors (individuals or couples) whose past and/or present contributions to the endowment total $2,000 or more are recognized as Endowed Life Members. This commitment may be payable over five years. In appreciation, the Oberlin Heritage Center extends to these contributors life membership in the organization. Life Members no longer pay yearly membership dues, and continue to receive all of the benefits of annual membership. (Unless they request otherwise, they are still asked to contribute to the year-end Annual Fund campaign for general operating expenses.) The names of Endowed Life Members are permanently displayed at the Oberlin Heritage Center and published in our Annual Report each year, unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous.
Business and Organizational Members
The Oberlin Heritage Center greatly appreciates the support of many businesses and organizations from throughout the region. If you would like to become a business member, please continue with the "Join" process online or call Sue Angell at (440) 774-1700 to discuss the benefits of membership.
Current business members are listed below. Please patronize their businesses and tell them you appreciate their support of the Oberlin Heritage Center.
Heritage Leader ($250)
- Meadowbrook Investment Advisors / Livonia, MI
- Melanie B. Satterfield, DDS
- McKay Lodge Fine Arts Conservation Laboratory, Inc.
- Rafter A., Ltd. (Rich Fredrickson) / Elyria
Heritage Rescuer ($100)
- John Berkmeyer Painting LLC
- Broadwell Painting
- Gardenscapes by Joanna LLC
- 1830 Hallauer House Bed & Breakfast
- The Hotel at Oberlin
- Lin-Barry Incorporated / Amherst
- Lorenzo's Pizzeria
- PlaceMakers Land Co., Ltd
- Watson Hardware
- Welcome Nursing Home
Sustaining Business ($50)
- Grunwell-Cashero Co. / Cleveland
- Kurt G. Sarringhause Co., L.P.A.
- Oberlin Foot & Ankle (Amanda Meszaros, DPM)
Active Business ($25)
- Ben Franklin Store / MindFair Books
- Business Advisory Services
- Carlyle Gift and Flower Shop
- Dicken Funeral Home Inc. / Elyria
- EcoSphere Associates (Ricki Herdendorf) / Sheffield Village
- K-Kon Inc. / Midas Muffler (Keith Konnerth)
- Lupita's Restaurant
- The Mandarin Restaurant
- Manuel's Barber Shop
- Nordson Corporation / Westlake
- Oberlin Bookstore
- Oberlin Cable Co-op
- Oberlin IGA
- Oberlin Lakeside Banquet Hall / Robin Rudolf
- Oberlin Market
- Old Way Farm and Market
- Quality Tree Service
- Old Way Farm & Market
- Ratsy's Vintage Store
- The Rosen-Jones Photography Studio
- Severs and Clark Co., L.P.A.
- Showalter's Chimney Service
- Sperry-Gorske Agency, Inc
- Straight's Sharpening Service
- Subway of Oberlin
- Vandemark Jewelers / Elyria
- WOBL / WDLW Radio
- Wood Shed Lessons Studios
All are Active category ($25) unless indicated otherwise.
- Amherst Historical Society / Amherst
- Eden Valley Enterprises / Elyria
- The First Church in Oberlin, UCC (Sustaining Organization - $50)
- Kendal at Oberlin
- Lorain County Community College (LCCC) / Elyria (Heritage Rescuer - $100)
- Lorain County Historical Society / Elyria
- 19th Century Club
- Oberlin African-American Genealogy & History Group
- Oberlin Business Partnership
- Oberlin City Schools
- Oberlin College (Heritage Leader - $250)
- Oberlin College Archives
- Oberlin Public Library / The Bridge
- Pittsfield Township Historical Society - Wellington
- Southern Lorain County Historical Society / Wellington (Sustaining Organization - $50)
- Visit Lorain County / Amherst
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy, Firelands Chapter