How to Become one of our 731 Members
Benefits of Membership
- Free tours and history walks; two guest passes (Educators, Businesses and Organizations receive additional passes)
- Reduced admission fees for events for which there is a fee; Educators receive 10% off group visits
- Notices of events and programs presented by the Oberlin Heritage Center
- A 10% discount in the Oberlin Heritage Center museum store; Educators receive 15% discount for publications
- A copy of the Oberlin Heritage Center Annual Report
- Receive discounts at more than 300 other historical institutions affiliated with the nationwide Time Travelers Network.
- The knowledge that you are one of 700+ members from near and far who support and promote Oberlin history education, historic preservation, and community improvement!
Memberships extend for twelve months from the date of receipt. Contributions above baseline individual membership are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you have questions about membership, please contact us.
Consider Life Membership
Contributors (individuals or couples) whose past and/or present contributions to the endowment total $2,000 or more are recognized as Endowed Life Members. This commitment may be payable over five years. In appreciation, the Oberlin Heritage Center extends to these contributors life membership in the organization. Life Members no longer pay yearly membership dues, and continue to receive all of the benefits of annual membership. (Unless they request otherwise, they are still asked to contribute to the year-end Annual Fund campaign for general operating expenses.) The names of Endowed Life Members are permanently displayed at the Oberlin Heritage Center and published in our Annual Report each year, unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous.
Business and Organizational Members
The Oberlin Heritage Center greatly appreciates the support of many businesses and organizations from throughout the region. If you would like to become a business member, please continue with the "Join" process online or call Mary Anne Cunningham at (440) 774-1700 to discuss the benefits of membership.
Current business members are listed below. Please patronize their businesses and tell them you appreciate their support of the Oberlin Heritage Center.
Heritage Ambassador ($500)
- McKay Lodge Fine Arts Conservation Laboratory, Inc.
Heritage Leader ($250)
- Cohen & Company / Cleveland
- Lorenzo's Pizzeria
- Meadowbrook Investment Advisors / Livonia, MI
- Melanie B. Satterfield, DDS
- Rafter A., Ltd. (Rich Fredrickson) / Elyria
Heritage Rescuer ($100)
- John Berkmeyer Painting LLC
- Broadwell Painting
- Forthofer Alarm Systems / Elyria
- The Hotel at Oberlin
- Kuno Creative Group / Avon
- Lin-Barry Incorporated / Amherst
- PlaceMakers Land Co.,Ltd (Todd Martz)
- Eric R. Severs Co., L.P.A.
- Turnbull Plumbing & Heating, LCC
- Turnbull Trucking & Excavating
Sustaining Business ($50)
- Cowling Funeral Home
- Douds Veterinary Hospital, Inc.
- 1830 Hallauer House Bed & Breakfast
- Gardenscapes by Joanna LLC
- Herrick Jewelry
- Leonard & Anne Jacko, DDS
- National Business Brokers, Inc. (Michael Galbreath)
- Ratsy's Vintage Store
- Watson Hardware
Active Business ($25)
- Adeva Salon & Spa
- Ben Franklin / Mindfair Books
- The Breunig Law Firm (Erik Breunig) / Elyria
- Business Advisory Services
- Campbell House Antiques
- Clifford Business Services (Melissa Clifford) / Wellington
- Dicken Funeral Home Inc. / Elyria
- EcoSphere Associates / Ricki Herdendorf (Sheffield Village)
- General Plug & Manufacturing Co. / Grafton
- Global Vocabulary LLC / Columbia Station
- Green Circle Growers
- Grunwell-Cashero Co. (Cleveland)
- K-Kon Inc. (Keith Konnerth)
- Locke's Go Green
- Lupita's Restaurant
- Main Street Barber
- The Mandarin Restaurant
- Manuel's Barber Shop
- Mercy Allen Hospital
- Nordson Corporation / Westlake
- Northwest Bank - Oberlin Office
- Oberlin Bookstore
- Oberlin Cable Co-op
- Oberlin Foot & Ankle
- Oberlin Market
- Oberlin News Tribune
- Oberlin Property Group
- Ohio Educational Credit Union
- Dale A. Petrill, D.D.S., Inc.
- The Rosen-Jones Photography Studio
- Kurt G. Sarringhaus Co., L.P.A.
- Showalter's Chimney Service
- Dr. Jennifer Shults, DC
- Shurtleff Cottage Bed & Breakfast
- Sliman's Sales & Services / Amherst
- Sperry-Gorske Agency, Inc.
- Straight's Sharpening Service
- Subway of Oberlin
- Sustainable Community Associates, Ltd.
- The Tuck Shop
- Vandemark Jewelers / Elyria
- Vermilion Valley Vineyards / Wakeman
- Welcome Nursing Home
- WOBL / WDLW Radio
- Woodshed Lesson Studios
All are Active category ($25) unless indicated otherwise.
- African American College Counseling Reform (Annessa Wyman)
- Amherst Historical Society / Amherst
- City of Oberlin
- The First Church in Oberlin, United Church of Christ
- James A. Garfield National Historic Site / Mentor
- Kendal at Oberlin
- Lorain County Community College / Elyria (Heritage Rescuer - $100)
- Lorain County Historical Society / Elyria
- 19th Century Club
- Oberlin Business Partnership
- Oberlin City Schools
- Oberlin College (Heritage Leader - $250)
- Oberlin College Archives
- Oberlin Public Library / The Bridge
- Oberlin Underground Railroad Center Implementation Team
- Pittsfield Township Historical Society / Wellington
- Sheffield Village Historical Society / Sheffield Village
- Southern Lorain County Historical Society / Wellington (Sustaining Member - $50)
- Visit Lorain County / Amherst
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy, Firelands Chapter