- Free tours and history walks
- Reduced admission fees for programs and history walks
- Notices of events and programs presented by the Oberlin Heritage Center
- A 10% discount in the Oberlin Heritage Center museum store
- A copy of the Oberlin Heritage Center Annual Report
- Receive discounts at more than 200 other historical institutions affiliated with the nationwide Time Travelers Network.
- The knowledge that you are one of nearly 750 members from near and far who support and promote Oberlin history education, historic preservation, and community improvement!
Memberships extend for twelve months from the date of receipt. Contributions above baseline individual membership are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you have questions about membership, please contact us.
Contributors (individuals or couples) whose past and/or present contributions to the endowment total $2,000 or more are recognized as Endowed Life Members. This commitment may be payable over five years. In appreciation, the Oberlin Heritage Center extends to these contributors life membership in the organization. Life Members no longer pay yearly membership dues, and continue to receive all of the benefits of annual membership. (Unless they request otherwise, they are still asked to contribute to the year-end Annual Fund campaign for general operating expenses.) The names of Endowed Life Members are permanently displayed at the Oberlin Heritage Center and published in our Annual Report each year, unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous.
The Oberlin Heritage Center greatly appreciates the support of many businesses and organizations from throughout the region. If you would like to become a business member, please continue with the "Join" process online or call Mary Anne Cunningham at (440) 774-1700 to discuss the benefits of membership.
Current business members as of April 2009 are listed below. Please patronize their businesses and tell them you appreciate their support of the Oberlin Heritage Center.
Heritage Ambassador ($500)
- McKay Lodge Fine Arts Conservation Laboratory, Inc.
Heritage Leader ($250)
- Cohen & Company, Ltd. / Cleveland
- General Plug & Mfg / Grafton
- Meadowbrook Investment Advisors / Livonia, MI
- Oberlin Family Dental / Melanie B. Satterfield, DDS
Heritage Rescuer ($100)
- John Berkmeyer Painting LLC
- Broadwell Painting
- Kevin Carr Roofing
- Emerge Inc. / Avon Lake
- Forthofer Alarm Systems / Elyria
- Patrick J. Ives
- Lorenzo's Pizzeria
- Oberlin College Inn
- PlaceMakers Land Co., Ltd.
- Premier Toyota / Amherst
- Eric R. Severs Co., L.P.A.
- Turnbull Trucking & Excavating
Heritage Collector ($75)
- Rafter A., Ltd. (Rich Fredrickson) / Elyria
Sustaining Business ($50)
- Adeva Salon & Spa
- Bead Paradise II
- Cochrane Inc.
- Douds Veterinary Hospital, Inc.
- Gardenscapes by Joanna LLC
- Leonard & Anne Jacko, DDS
- Lin-Barry Incorporated / Amherst
- Ratsy's Vintage Store
- Kurt G. Sarringhaus Co., LPA
- Sliman's Sales and Service / Amherst
- Woodreams (Doren Harley)
Active Business ($25)
- Business Advisory Services
- Campbell House Antiques
- Clark & Post Architects, Inc. / Lorain
- Dicken Funeral Home Inc. / Elyria
- Edward D. Jones / Curt Paul
- 5 Corners Bed & Breakfast / Amherst
- Functional Physical Therapy (Bill McCreedy, Jr.)
- Ginko Gallery & Studio, Ltd.
- Hallauer House Bed and Breakfast
- Herrick Jewelry
- K-Kon Inc. (dba Midas Auto Service Experts)
- Mark Lesner Architect
- Lorain National Bank
- Lupita's Restaurant
- Main Street Barber
- The Mandarin Restaurant
- Manuel's Barber Shop
- McGowan Private Client Group / Fairview Park
- Mercy Allen Hospital
- Dr. Arnold G. Milner / Dr. Amanda Meszaros
- National Business Brokers, Inc. (Michael F. Galbreath)
- Nordson Corporation / Westlake
- Oberlin Bookstore
- Oberlin Cable Co-op
- Oberlin IGA
- Oberlin News-Tribune
- Oberlin Off-Street Parking, Inc.
- Old Way Farm & Market
- Dale A. Petrill, D.D.S.
- The Rosen-Jones Photography Studio
- Showalter's Chimney Service
- Shurtleff Cottage Bed & Breakfast
- Simply Elegant Candle & Gift
- Lorri Sipes, FAIA / Ann Arbor, MI
- Sperry-Gorske Agency, Inc.
- Straight's Sharpening Service
- Subway of Oberlin
- Sugar Ridge Stoneworks / Wakeman
- The Tuck Shop
- Vandemark Jewelers / Elyria
- Watson Hardware
- Woodshed Lesson Studio
All are Active category ($25) unless indicated otherwise.
- AARP #395, Oberlin Chapter
- Amherst Historical Society / Amherst
- City of Oberlin
- Cleveland Restoration Society / Cleveland
- James A. Garfield National Historic Site / Mentor
- The Jewett Family of America, Inc. / Medway, MA (Heritage Rescuer - $100)
- Kendal at Oberlin
- Lorain County Community College / Elyria (Heritage Rescuer - $100)
- Lorain County Historical Society / Elyria
- 19th Century Club (Heritage Collector - $75)
- Oberlin Business Partnership
- Oberlin Chapter NAACP
- Oberlin City Schools
- Oberlin College (Heritage Leader - $250)
- Oberlin College Archives
- Pittsfield Township Historical Society / Wellington
- Sheffield Village Historical Society / Sheffield Village
- Southern Lorain County Historical Society / Wellington (Sustaining Member - $50)
- Tabor Historical Society / Tabor, IA (Heritage Rescuer - $100)
- Visit Lorain County / Amherst
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy, Firelands Chapter