How to Become one of our 400+ Members
Benefits of Membership
- Free tours and history walks; two guest passes (Educators, Businesses and Organizations receive additional passes)
- Reduced admission fees for events for which there is a fee; Educators receive 10% off group visits
- Notices of events and programs presented by the Oberlin Heritage Center
- A 10% discount in the Oberlin Heritage Center museum store; Educators receive 15% discount for publications
- A copy of the Oberlin Heritage Center Annual Report
- Receive discounts at more than 300 other historical institutions affiliated with the nationwide Time Travelers program.
- The knowledge that you are one of 700+ members from near and far who support and promote Oberlin history education, historic preservation, and community improvement!
Memberships extend for twelve months from the date of receipt. Contributions above baseline individual membership are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you have questions about membership, please contact us.
Consider Life Membership
Contributors (individuals or couples) whose past and/or present contributions to the endowment total $2,000 or more are recognized as Endowed Life Members. This commitment may be payable over five years. In appreciation, the Oberlin Heritage Center extends to these contributors life membership in the organization. Life Members no longer pay yearly membership dues, and continue to receive all of the benefits of annual membership. (Unless they request otherwise, they are still asked to contribute to the year-end Annual Fund campaign for general operating expenses.) The names of Endowed Life Members are permanently displayed at the Oberlin Heritage Center and published in our Annual Report each year, unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous.
Business and Organizational Members
The Oberlin Heritage Center greatly appreciates the support of many businesses and organizations from throughout the region. If you would like to become a business member, please continue with the "Join" process online or call Sue Angell at (440) 774-1700 to discuss the benefits of membership.
Current business members are listed below, as of February 28, 2022. Please patronize their businesses and tell them you appreciate their support of the Oberlin Heritage Center.
Heritage Ambassador ($500)
- Meadowbrook Investment Advisors / Livonia, MI
Heritage Leader ($250)
- Kuno Creative Group
- Lin-Barry Incorporated
- McKay Lodge Fine Arts Conservation Laboratory, Inc.
- Melanie B. Satterfield, DDS
- Rafter A., Ltd. (Rich Fredrickson) / Elyria
Heritage Rescuer ($100)
- 1830 Hallauer House Bed & Breakfast
- Broadwell Painting
- Gardenscapes by Joanna LLC
- The Hotel at Oberlin
- Lorenzo's Pizzeria
- National Business Brokers, Inc.
- PlaceMakers Land Co., Ltd.
- Severs & Clark Co., L.P.A.
- Watson Hardware
- Welcome Nursing Home
Sustaining Business ($50)
- Cowling Funeral Home
- Global Vocabulary LLC
- GoGreen Landscaping & Garden Center
- Grunwell-Cashero Co. / Cleveland
- Oberlin Foot & Ankle (Amanda Meszaros, DPM)
- Sustainable Community Associates, Inc.
Active Business ($25)
- Ascension BioMedical LLC
- Ben Franklin Store/MindFair Books
- Carlyle Gift and Flower Shop
- Dicken Funeral Home Inc./Elyria
- EcoSphere Associates (Ricki Herdendorf) / Sheffield Village
- K-Kon Inc. (Midas Muffler)
- Kurt G. Sarringhause Co., L.P.A.
- Lupita's Restaurant
- The Mandarin Restaurant
- Nordson Corporation / Westlake
- Oberlin Bookstore
- Oberlin Cable Co-op
- Oberlin Market
- The Rosen-Jones Photography Studio
- Sperry-Gorske Agency, Inc
- Straight's Sharpening Service
- Subway of Oberlin
- Vandemark Jewelers / Elyria
- Vermilion Valley Vineyards
- WOBL / WDLW Radio
- Wood Shed Lessons Studios
All are Active category ($25) unless indicated otherwise.
- Amherst Historical Society
- Eden Valley Enterprises/Elyria
- Firelands Association for the Visual Arts / FAVA (Sustaining Organization - $50)
- The First Church in Oberlin, UCC (Heritage Leader - $250)
- Jewett Family of North America
- Kendal at Oberlin
- Lorain County Community College (LCCC) / Elyria (Heritage Rescuer - $100)
- Lorain County Historical Society
- Lorain Historical Society
- Oberlin African-American Genealogy & History Group
- Oberlin City Schools
- Oberlin College (Heritage Leader - $250)
- Oberlin College Archives
- Oberlin Public Library/The Bridge (Sustaining Organization - $50)
- Southern Lorain County Historical Society/Wellington (Sustaining Organization - $50)
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy, Firelands Office
- Wilson Bruce Evans Home Historical Society