Prev Table of Contents Next
Then: 64 N. Professor Street, 1894, Now: Green space next to Peters Hall
From 1891 to 1904 the Finney House had been used for laboratory purposes for the department of Botany. In 1904 the College remodeled the property at 64 North Professor Street to meet the needs of the department of Botany. The property used, known as the “Lincoln House,” had been purchased by the College in 1893. It had previously been used as a private residence. It was a two-story frame building located immediately north of Peters Hall. In this location it served as a Botany Laboratory from 1904 to 1914, when it was moved to a new location on Professor Street north of Severance Chemical Laboratory.
Source: From the 1936 Alumni Catalogue and a set of building cards created by the College Secretary's office, both located at the Oberlin College Archives
Photo courtesy of Oberlin College Archives