Prev Table of Contents Next
Then: 220 N. Professor Street, 1884, Now: Green space near Bailey House
This house was used as a private residence, the last occupant being Professor Guy C. Throner The College opened the house as a residence for men in the fall of 1937. It was last used as a college dormitory in 1944-45. It was transferred to rental property by a Trustee vote on June 23, 1947 and used as apartments for married students between 1945-46.
Source: From the 1936 Alumni Catalogue and a set of building cards created by the College Secretary's office, both located at the Oberlin College Archives
Illustration courtesy of 1943 Hi-O-Hi Yearbook