Oberlin Then and Now: Antlers

Prev   Table of Contents   Next

Historic photo of Antlers  Present day view of green space near Bailey House

Then: 228 N. Professor Street, 1875, Now: Green space near Bailey House


The property at 228 North Professor Street was purchased by the College in 1928 as a part of the proposed Men’s Campus. The house had served previously for many years as a house of residence for men under private management, and this use continued until 1936. Since September, 1936, it has been operated directly by the College as a house of residence for Freshman men. It accommodates thirteen. [Antlers was last used as a college dormitory in 1944-45. It was then used as apartments for married students. Antlers was demolished in 1964-65.]

Source: From the 1936 Alumni Catalogue and a set of building cards created by the College Secretary's office, both located at the Oberlin College Archives

Photo courtesy of Oberlin College Archives