OHC is Open
The Oberlin Heritage Center is open as of Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
Public Open Hours (Business, Museum Shop, & Research): Tuesday - Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Guided: Oberlin Origins + Little Red Schoolhouse Tours
- Offered Thursdays and Saturdays; 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.: 45-Minute
- Monroe House (first floor) and the 1836 Little Red Schoolhouse
- Tours are $4/adult; free for members, college students, and children under 18.
- Advance registration required. Click here to view available dates.
Self-Guided: Oberlin Origins Tour
- Offered Tuesday - Saturday; 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (last entry at 2:30 p.m.)
- Monroe House - first floor
- Tours are $3/adult; free for members, college students, and children under 18.
- Walk-ins welcome and visitors are provided with a tablet that will guide them through the Monroe House.
Outdoor Self-Guided: Tablet Tours
- rental of OHC-owned devices.
- Two self-guided tablet tour options: Freedom’s Friends: Abolition & the Underground Railroad and Picture the Past: Downtown Oberlin.
- Please call 440-774-1700 to reserve your tablet in advance.
- Tablet rentals are $5/hour or $20/day; 20% discount for OHC members.
Register online at https://secure.oberlinheritage.org/events.shtml or by calling the museum at 440-774-1700.
OHC will enact the following guidelines to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of all visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- Partially and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors, if physically able to do so. Disposable masks are available.
- Full vaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors.
- OHC staff and interns are wearing masks.
Additional Safety Practices
- All guests must sign-in, verifying their health.
- Hand sanitizer is available and the sanitization of surfaces is ongoing.
- Distancing of 6' is still recommended for interactions.
- Tours are limited to family units or bubbles. Private indoor tours can be arranged by appointment.
- All research requests must be scheduled in advance.
Subject to Change
Given the nature of the pandemic and OHC’s limited human resources, there may be unexpected service interruptions which we will do our best to communicate in a timely manner. We appreciate your support and understanding of our policies and we hope to welcome you to the Oberlin Heritage Center soon.
For questions or concerns relating to our operations and policies, please contact Amanda Manahan, the Museum Education & Tour Coordinator at 440-774-1700 or [email protected] .