Docent Training Opportunities
OHC is offering three opportunities to train volunteers to lead our popular tours. Sign up today!
Upstairs / Downstairs Guided Tour: Small Town, Big Stories
- March 11 (Saturday, 9:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.)
- Learn how to present an engaging 75-minute tour through the Heritage Center’s three historic buildings while sharing stories of the community and college in its first century, from the 1833 founding through the turn of the 20th century. Register by March 3.
Freedoms Friends: Underground Railroad & Abolitionist History Walk
- April 22 (Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Learn about Oberlin’s role in the history of abolition and the Underground Railroad and how to present it in the format of a 90-minute walking tour through historic neighborhoods surrounding downtown Oberlin. Register by April 14.
“One Step More”: Oberlin Women's History Walk
- April 29 (Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Learn how to present stories in the format of a 75-minute walking tour about powerful 19th and early 20th century Oberlin women who helped shape what it meant to be a woman in a small town and across America. Register by April 21.
Volunteers are asked to commit to leading at least four tours or history walks per year. Training is free and begins at the Monroe House; arrange to take a free tour in advance to see what it’s all about . To register for training or reserve a free advance tour, call (440)774-1700 or e-mail [email protected].