Accepting Community Award Nominations!
Who Will Be the Heritage Center's Next Community Award Recipients?
Consider nominating an outstanding individual, organization, or business whose accomplishments in serving the community are in keeping with the Oberlin Heritage Center's mission to preserve and share Oberlin's unique heritage and to make the community a better place to live, learn, work and visit.
Award Categories include:
• Community Historian - an individual who adds to the knowledge of the history of Oberlin through research, writing, and/or educating others
• Heritage Guardian - an individual or group dedicated to the ideals of conservation and preservation and who serves our community as a leader in preserving history, historical records, or historic buildings
• Oberlin Heritage Center Volunteer of the Year - a volunteer who makes extraordinary contributions of time and talent to the Oberlin Heritage Center
• Community Teacher of the Year - an area educator who inspires his or her students to get involved in community service
• History Teacher of the Year - an area educator who inspires his or her students to learn more about history
• Keep Oberlin Beautiful Award - an individual, business or organization that helps to enhance the aesthetics and appearance of the community.
Download an entry form by clicking the link below and submit your nomination by February 1, 2013.
Award winners will be announced and saluted at the Oberlin Heritage Center's Annual Meeting on April 3, 2013.