OHC is Open
The Oberlin Heritage Center is open as of Thursday, April 1, 2021.
Public Open Hours (Business, Museum Shop, & Research): Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday; 10:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.: 30-Minute “Oberlin Origins” Tours in the Monroe House.
- Saturday; 10:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.: 45-Minute “Oberlin Origins” Tours in the Monroe House and Little Red Schoolhouse.
- Tours are $3/adult; free for members, college students, and children under 18.
- Saturday; 11:00 a.m.: History Walks (May - September) - learn more here.
- Tours are $6/adult; free for members, college students, and children under 18.
- May: Architecture
- June: Freedom's Friends: Abolition and the Underground Railroad
- July: Civil War to Civil Rights
- August: One Step More: Oberlin Women's History
- September: Radicals and Reformers (Westwood Cemetery)
- Tablet Tours for outdoor are available through rental of OHC-owned devices. Currently, OHC offers two self-guided tablet tours: Freedom’s Friends: Abolition & the Underground Railroad and Picture the Past: Downtown Oberlin. Please call 440-774-1700 to reserve your tablet in advance. Tablet rentals are $5/hour or $20/day; 20% discount for OHC members.
Register online at https://secure.oberlinheritage.org/events.shtml or by calling the museum at 440-774-1700.
OHC will enact the following guidelines to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of all visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- Partially and unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks indoors, if physically able to do so. Disposable masks are available.
- Full vaccinated guests are encouraged but not required to wear masks indoors.
- OHC staff and interns are wearing masks.
Additional Safety Practices
- All guests must sign-in, verifying their health.
- Hand sanitizer is available and the sanitization of surfaces is ongoing.
- Distancing of 6' is still recommended for interactions.
- Tours no longer require advance registration but it is encouraged as capacity may still be limited.
- Tours are no longer limited to family units or bubbles. Private indoor tours can be arranged by appointment.
- All research requests must be scheduled in advance.
Subject to Change
Given the nature of the pandemic and OHC’s limited human resources, there may be unexpected service interruptions which we will do our best to communicate in a timely manner. We appreciate your support and understanding of our policies and we hope to welcome you to the Oberlin Heritage Center soon.
For questions or concerns relating to our operations and policies, please contact Amanda Manahan, the Museum Education & Tour Coordinator at 440-774-1700 or [email protected] .