OHC Closed to the Public
Effective Saturday, March 14, The Oberlin Heritage Center will be closed to the public including tours, public programs, and camps. Details on some of the programs that were coming up:
- OHC Annual Meeting and Community Awards has been moved from April 1 to Wednesday, July 8. Registration is open and we’ll be contacting those who have already registered directly regarding reservation transfers and refunds.
- OHC Spring Break Camp is cancelled. We are contacting families so they have ample notice and can plan accordingly.
- Smithsonian Museum Day activities that were scheduled for April 4 have been cancelled in accordance with decisions by the national Smithsonian Museum system. Pollinator garden activities postponed to be held in conjunction with OHC Grounds Day on Saturday, May 16
- Docent Training: Upstairs / Downstairs Guided House Tour originally scheduled for Saturday, April 18 will be postponed to a future date (TBD). Anyone interested should contact Museum Education & Tour Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Our program A History of Redlining and Housing Discrimination in Oberlin to be held on Tuesday, April 28 is cancelled.
If anyone has questions, please contact The Oberlin Heritage Center by phone at 440-774-1700 during business hours. Or, you can email us at email@example.com. We are acting out of an abundance of caution particularly for our volunteers and staff, and also for the continued safety of the residents of our communities.
Future updates will be communicated on OHC’s website, social media pages, and by e-mail.
We want to thank you for your continued support of the Oberlin Heritage Center.
For up to date information regarding COVID-19 please check the following websites: