Prev Table of Contents Next
Then: 154 N. Main Street, 1839, Now: Keep Cottage, 1913, Patton and Miller
Keep Home was built in 1839. It was the home of Rev. John Keep, who, with his family, owned and occupied the house for many years. In January, 1889, it was donated to the College by Theodore J. Keep and Mrs. Mary A. Keep. It was used as a dormitory for women who practiced strict economy by self-boarding, and the rooms were rented at a very low price. It was located on Main Street, north of Lorain. In 1911, it was removed to make room for Keep Cottage.
Source: From the 1936 Alumni Catalogue and a set of building cards created by the College Secretary's office, both located at the Oberlin College Archives
Photo courtesy of Oberlin College Archives