Apr 13 - OHC Annual Meeting and Community Awards
April 13 (Wednesday, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) OHC Annual Meeting and Community Awards
We are excited to welcome people back for an in-person Annual Meeting taking place at The Hotel at Oberlin. OHC will honor Community Award recipients, welcome new board members, thank outgoing board members, and share announcements. Be sure to read the information below to understand our safety measures this year, and know that our plans may change if necessary. Everyone is also welcome to watch the meeting live via our Facebook page.
5:40 - 6:00 p.m. Check-in, Hotel at Oberlin
All attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination and current booster.
6:00 - 6:45 p.m. Brief Business Meeting, Announcements, and Community Awards
Guests will be seated theatre style in distanced clusters. Masks are required.
6:45 - 8:00 Hors d'oeuvres and Cash Bar
Those who feel comfortable doing so are invited to stay, snack, and socialize. We ask attendees to continue distancing and wearing masks when not eating or drinking.
Community Award Recipients
- Community Historian: Donald Payne - Author and storyteller of Oberlin history
- Heritage Guardians: Francine Toss and Sue Weidenbaum - Eastwood School history preservation and collection processing
- Heritage Guardian: Don Hilton - Author, researcher, and cemetery preservation advocate
- Volunteer of the Year: Angela Cecil - OHC front desk greeter and office assistant
- Community Teacher of the Year: Sarah Colson - OHS Building Sub, BackPack Program and Interact Club advisor
- Keep Oberlin Beautiful: Community Mural Project - Coordinator Tanya Rosen-Jones, artists Martha Ferrazza, Jared Mitchell, and Isaiah Williams, and advisors Whitney Brown (OHS) and Brenda Grier Miller
- Youth Community Service: Carson Bauer - OHC grounds and digital accessibility assistance
We look forward to welcoming new OHC board members Rachael McCray, Paul Spierling, and Mary Worthington and also welcoming back honorary trustee Claudia Jones. We will also honor current and outgoing trustees, including soon-to-be honorary trustee Brittnei Sherrod.
The Annual Meeting is open to OHC members and the public. We will be limiting capacity this year, so don't wait to register! Paper invites will not be mailed, so if you wish to attend, please register online, download a form, pick one up at OHC, or call us at 440-774-1700.
COVID-19 Event Policy
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination plus booster is required at check-in to attend event. Masks must be worn during event except when eating and drinking during the social portion after the meeting.